Are you moving to New Jersey? Good for you! But now, there are a lot of things you need to do. Firstly, you need to hire moving services in NJ. After all, you don’ want to transfer your stuff all by yourself. But, even before that, you need to find a place to live. Therefore, we want to give you some advice on how to find cheap homes for rent in NJ.
Finding cheap houses for rent in NJ is not easy, and we know that. Thus, we prepared these tips, so you can be sure that you picked the right house. After you check if everything is good, you can take packing services in NJ and start your new life peacefully. So here are some tips on what to do when looking for cheap homes for rent in NJ.
How to find the best option for renting cheap homes in NJ?
Free cheese is in a mousetrap – follow this rule when choosing an apartment. If you want to find a respectable owner, ask your relatives, friends, if any of them rent cheap homes in NJ. Do not rush to put your ad on the Internet – scammers can find you.
Clearly make for yourself the requirements for the real estate object and price range. And, after that, choose an apartment among ads on the city forums and in periodicals.
Compare all the offers for cheap apartments for rent in NJ to check the prices. For example, renting a one-room apartment – check for how much you can rent such an apartment depending on:
- the location
- area of the apartment
- the environment
And start the analysis of ads for all these factors. It is better to make a list in advance of what you need in the apartment. And also a separate list of characteristics – in which you are ready to compromise.
Mistakes in the selection of real estate
Finding a cheap home in New Jersey is a difficult task, because there is a risk of being deceived. In order not to waste your time, it is necessary to write off unsuitable proposals at the stage of looking for a house.
Pay attention to the ad for cheap homes for rent in NJ itself:
- The photos of cheap homes for rent in NJ should be real, not staged design images;
- If the price is greatly low, it means that the flaws of the apartment are silent;
- A praise description may indicate scammers;
- Prefer ads in periodicals, rather than signs on the street;
- Avoid ads in which the owner as the reason for delivery indicates moving to another country or a long business trip;
- Do not rent an apartment in NJ, the owner of which requires a deposit or offers payment by installments.
During a telephone conversation, the owner must provide all the information you need, and not insist on an immediate meeting.
Where to look for cheap homes for rent in NJ?
The exposition of the apartments plays no less important role than the state inside. Choosing the location of the apartment, you set your own needs. It should be close to your work, relatives or place of study – it’s up to you.
When choosing a location, pay attention to these things:
- Ecology – find out whether there are some factories and enterprises that throw harmful gases into the atmosphere;
- Security – avoid criminal areas where you can rarely find patrol cars and police;
- Transport – close to the house there should be stops of public transport, so you can transfer to work or school without transfers. Check if there are runways and a railroad near your house – they would give you a lot of noise;
- Developed infrastructure – a huge advantage would be the market, a supermarket, cozy cafes and recreation parks near the apartment.
How to inspect cheap homes for rent in NJ?
Before you go into the place for rent in NJ, carefully inspect the building from the outside. Pay attention to the presence of cracks, the condition of the roof, lighting in the entrance, the presence of a intercom and an elevator. A dirty, poorly maintained entrance will testify that you have lazy and unfriendly neighbors.
Pay attention to the presence of cracks, the condition of the roof, lighting in the entrance, the presence of a intercom and an elevator. A dirty, poorly maintained entrance will testify that you have lazy and unfriendly neighbors.
Once you get inside the home for rent in NJ, inspect it carefully and thoroughly. Do not be afraid to ask uncomfortable questions and look in all corners. Check carefully:
- Floors – they should be level, and tile without cracks. To check, walk on it without shoes and tap on the tile with your hand;
- Windows should be hermetically sealed – this will save you money in the cold season;
- Walls – pay attention to the presence of cracks and wet spots. Cracks in the corners indicate problems with bearing structures;
- The gas stove should be serviceable – ask the owner to show you where the tap for shutting off the gas flow is;
- Wiring – check the serviceability of the sockets by connecting devices to them;
- Internet, telephone and television connection – if provided for in the contract;
- You should also check:
- Condition of the faucets;
- Serviceability of valves to shut off water in case the pipeline breaks;
- Is there a quality washstand, toilet and washing machine?
- Does the tank work in the toilet;
- Whether there is rust on the plumbing since it is a sign of leaks.
- Plumbing is one of the most important things. There should be no smell of dampness and rot in the kitchen and in the bathroom, and there should be no mold and leaks.
And what next?
Well, if you have checked everything about the place, take it. Just make sure you don’t overpay it. After all, you are looking for cheap homes for rent in NJ. It is best to go to more apartments, so you can compare them. And after you move to your new place, you can start your new life. Firstly, you should find some well-paid job, and after that you can enjoy your life in NJ. There are many interesting things in that state: parks, piers, buildings, museums, sports venues. All you have to do is find the one that you like.
Have fun in New Jersey!